1. How will I support myself and my child?
2. Where will I live?
3. How will being a parent affect my time for me?
4. What resources are available to help me?
5. How do I get support from my child’s father?
6. Is my baby’s father going to be involved?
7. What rights does my child’s father have?
8. What role will my extended family play?
9. How can I know what is the best decision for me?
The best decision is an informed one. Knowing your options and what they will mean for you and your baby is the best way to decide what will be best for both of you. Getting information costs you nothing, but it can help you be assured that you have made an informed choice.
10. Can I choose adoption later if I decide that I cannot parent?
Yes. You may consider adoption after you have been parenting.
These are some of the topics we, as your counselor, can help you to explore. Remember, we are available to have family meetings as well as with you as an individual.